YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The "Mom" song to the tune of William Tell Overture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxT5NwQUtVM - 123k

Get up nowGet up nowGet up out of bedWash your faceBrush your teethComb your sleepyheadHere’s your clothes and your shoesHear the words I saidGet up now! Get up and make your bedAre you hot? Are you cold?Are you wearing that?Where’s your books and your lunch and your homework at?Grab your coat and gloves and your scarf and hatDon’t forget! You gotta feed the catEat your breakfast, the experts tell us it’s the most important meal of allTake your vitamins so you will grow up one day to be big and tallPlease remember the orthodontist will be seeing you at 3 todayDon’t forget your piano lesson is this afternoon so you must playDon’t shovelChew slowlyBut hurryThe bus is hereBe carefulCome back hereDid you wash behind your ears?Play outside, don’t play rough, will you just play fair?Be polite, make a friend, don’t forget to shareWork it out, wait your turn, never take a dareGet along! Don’t make me come down thereClean your room, fold your clothes, put your stuff awayMake your bed, do it now, do we have all day?Were you born in a barn? Would you like some hay?Can you even hear a word I say?Answer the phone! Get off the phone!Don’t sit so close, turn it down, no texting at the tableNo more computer time tonight!Your iPod’s my iPod if you don’t listen upWhere are you going and with whom and what time do you think you’re coming home?Saying thank you, please, excuse me makes you welcome everywhere you roamYou’ll appreciate my wisdom someday when you’re older and you’re grownCan’t wait till you have a couple little children of your ownYou’ll thank me for the counsel I gave you so willinglyBut right now I thank you not to roll your eyes at meClose your mouth when you chew, would appreciateTake a bite maybe two of the stuff you hateUse your fork, do not burp or I’ll set you straightEat the food I put upon your plateGet an A, get the door, don’t get smart with meGet a grip, get in here, I’ll count to threeGet a job, get a life, get a PHDGet a dose of,“I don’t care who started it!You’re grounded until you’re 36″Get your story straight and tell the truth for once, for heaven’s sakeAnd if all your friends jumped off a cliff would you jump, too?If I’ve said it once, I’ve said at least a thousand times beforeThat you’re too old to act this wayIt must be your father’s DNALook at me when I am talkingStand up straighter when you walkA place for everything and everything must be in placeStop crying or I’ll give you something real to cry aboutOh!Brush your teeth, wash your face, put your PJs onGet in bed, get up here, say a prayer with momDon’t forget, I love youAnd tomorrow we will do this all again because a mom’s work never endsYou don’t need the reason whyBecause, because, because, becauseI said so, I said so, I said so, I said soI’m the mom, the mom, the mom, the mom, the mom!!

1 comment:

Kathy P said...

I love this!!! I have watched it before and regretted not coming up with this amazing idea myself! :)

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)