YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Thursday, August 13, 2009

Be NICE!


At the Priest camp out last week Bishop Walker challenged the young men to "be nice" for 24 hours. Being nice was defined as, no rude comments, no yelling, punching, pinching, or teasing, no tantrums, and definitely no sarcasm. President Hinckley said the following: "I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort." So Dan thought it was such a great idea that he challenged our whole family to do the same. Not as easy as it sounds. I've started over many times. I was so close last night. Then a little sarcastic comment slipped out, only a couple hours before bed. So I'm starting again this morning. Wish me luck!


If you want to read the talk by President Hinkley here is the link: http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=6055

1 comment:

Sharla said...

Great idea! I think we'll try that too. I'm sure we'll have to start over lots of times also.

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)