YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Friday, May 14, 2010

Ten things I've learned about house fires:

1. Don't try making Panda Express Orange Chicken at home.
2. Don't trust your cooking thermometer when testing hot oil.
3. Don't store your fire extinguisher above your stove.
4. If the salt, baking soda and lid fail to control the flames...get out!
5. Smoke spreads quickly throughout your house when the air conditioner is on.
6. Your phone call to 911 only works until the phone burns.
7. When firemen find a hot spot, they make a hole.
8. There is a lot of laundry to wash after a fire when there are 10 people in your home.
9. 2 months is a long time to live in a small condo...it's only been 6 days!
10. Your "stuff" is replaceable, your family is not...we are so blessed we are all safe.

Looks a little bit like a Red Cross commercial doesn't it?! (complete with the little bears they gave the kids)

5 comments:

Tami said...

OH MY GOSH! Katie I feel so terrible that I didn't know this happened! Please let me know ASAP what we can do for you and your family! As if the many trips to the hospital lately aren't enough--now THIS? I seriously have tears in my eyes thinking of you right now! I will try to reach you this week--but seriously--let me know what we can do to help clean up or whatever. I am SO sorry!

jen said...

I had no idea! How scary! Were all your kids home? I want a few more details!
And I don't know where you're staying and how much space you have, but our guesthouse is available, has a queen bed, two bedrooms (one's empty, but it's great for rolling out sleeping bags or whatever), bathroom, and a full kitchen stocked with all the dishes, etc., if you need a place to stay. And I mean it. Call me. 229-5840 is my cell.
And you can let your kids swim whenever they want!

Shayla said...

Oh goodness! I couldn't imagine how bad the damage was, but that is crazy! I'm so sorry. I hope the rebuilding and everything goes quickly!

Karen said...

Katie, I haven't paid much attention to fb lately and haven't read the blogs, but Kari told me you had a fire so I checked it out! My goodness, you have really had a time of it. Wish we were closer so we could help you. Hope you can get things fixed up quickly and that those babies stay healthy. I never heard back from you about the health questions. Call me if you need to.

Karen said...

AAHHHHHHH!! How totally scary! Anything we can do let us know!

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)