YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Saturday, October 25, 2008

6 year olds and politics

Yesterday Ammon had his 6 year old cousin Brandon over for a little while. They were playing in the front yard when Brandon noticed a stake sticking up out of the ground. He asked if he could pull it out, and Ammon said "no, it's for our prop 102 sign. Someone stole the poster that was attached to it!" Brandon asked what the sign was for. This is where my sweet little boy explained in detail to his cousin how we don't think boys should marry boys and girls should marry girls. He told him that Heavenly Father didn't want it that way and now we have to vote to make sure they don't make it a law. I couldn't decide if I was proud of him for his simple yet accurate description, or sad that a little boy lived in a world where he knew about these things.

2 comments:

Kathy P said...

Already living up to his namesake! Way to go Ammon. I wish the children didn't have to be exposed to all of this!

Ed said...

It is a sad thing that we have to teach our kids these things. WAy to go explaining it Ammon! The signs are disappearing like crazy, my friend has had hers ripped up 3 times and thrown in her yard, she has 15 more so she just laughs and says "bring it on!" Satan sure is trying hard isn't he!

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)