YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day


I had the mistaken idea in my head that Mother's Day was supposed to be a day off. I woke up, to a nice clean kitchen and supervised my Mother's Day breakfast (Thanks Zane!). After a yummy pancake and bacon meal, I cleaned up the grease and batter, then opened all the sweet homemade cards from my children, a book, (that I am determined to make time to read) and a new microwave that grandpa took the children to pick out (thanks Dad!). Then began the Sunday morning preparations. While preparing the Sunday clothes I found a hole in hubby's suit, a stain on two of the white shirts (identical stains in color and placement - how weird), a hem coming out of my dress and only one black size 12 boy shoe. I guess I need to sing "Saturday is a Special Day" more often. Well hubby wore his old suit- the one he hates because it's wool and it's hot, no time for a load of wash, so did the best I could with a wash cloth and some Tide, re-thought my outfit, then dug through my box of hand-me-down church shoes and found a pair of size 1 boy shoes. A primary child "remembered" he had a talk in church, there were little girl tears because her dress felt "funny" and the hair brush got caught in her curls. We left for church five minutes late, but not before spilling an entire pitcher of koolaid on the kitchen floor. We got to church sat down and the fight for who got to sit by mom began. After some tears and harsh whispers, we listened to wonderful talks on some amazing women. I struggled not to compare myself and tried to remember that we all have our own strengths and talents, and that we just need to do the best we can, and Heavenly Father will pick up the slack. Easier said than done! After church I herded eight children out to the hot car and headed home to feed them frozen pizzas and mop the kitchen floor (koolaid mess remember). We changed into play clothes and prepared to visit family members at our Mother's Day gathering. We had lots of fun visiting with parents, siblings and cousins and ate lots of great food (Thanks Mike and Donna!) I missed my mom (it's the first Mother's Day in 38 years we haven't been together) We rounded up the crew and headed home for baths and bedtime stories. After the last one was tucked in, I collapsed on the couch and nursed the baby while watching some TV with hubby. Before crawling into bed, I knelt and thanked my Heavenly Father for all of my beautiful children and for my amazing husband who teaches them to love and respect the women in their lives. I snuggled with my baby and thought back over the day's events. What a GREAT Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Sharla said...

Isn't amazing how much we begin to appreciate all our mothers did for us once we become moms? You are such a devoted mom. I admire you so much.

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)