YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ladybugs...or Gentlemanbugs?


Have you been to the green belt lately? Our kids are having a great time there! The draw you might ask...lady bugs... tons of them. Yesterday I witnessed a humorous example of observation among the under 10 crowd. Ammon, Trevan, Ryan, Garon, Jacob, Christian, Charise, Kyle, and Bradley were keeping busy by seeing how many ladybugs they could catch and put in a butterfly net. Ryan called out, "Hey look at these two, they're 'dating'!" All the kids gathered around to spy on these two unsuspecting ladybugs. Then Trevan, in his 6 year old wisdom, corrected his big brother, "They're not 'dating', they're 'mating'!" The rest of the afternoon these 9 bug enthusiasts changed their game to how many 'mating' ladybugs they could catch.

2 comments:

Kathy P said...

He He -- I had to post abou thtis too. You just can't make stuff like that up.:) Thanks for letting me in on how "informed" my children are.

Camille said...

I'm so glad you found my blog--and now I've found yours! It was great reading your blog and seeing your cute little family. I think of you every time I pass the picture you gave me that is now hanging in my hallway--the one of the little boy with the bowl of oatmeal on his head. :)

p.s. Come back and visit my blog again--I promise to get better at updating. :)

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)