YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Thursday, April 2, 2009



Yesterday Bekkah was fitted for her heart moniter. We keep telling her it's her purse, but I don't think she's going for it. I spent all day yesterday telling her not to pull on the leads. We made it the 24 hours without her pulling them off. In two weeks we get the results. Sometimes little children with WPW go into a kind of remission. If that is the case, she may go off her meds. This would be good because the medicine she is on can prolong the time between heartbeats and could cause her heart to go tooo slow or even stop. The bad part would be that there will be no medicine to stabalize her heart when it goes too fast, so if she's not really in remission or she comes out of it we wont know. Most babies show symptoms or signs, but she doesn't. Her heart can be beating 250 beats a minute and it doesn't even phase her. I guess I'll just keep checking and try not to worry. It helps to stay busy, so if any of you need anything, please let me know. Serving others keeps things in perspective for me. I know Heavenly Father is watching over her and all will be well if we are faithful.

4 comments:

Tami said...

We will pray that little girl can go off her meds, and be okay. I can't believe she will leave all that stuff on! What a sweetheart. Hang in there Katie--and let me know how I can help.

Kathy P said...

Wow -- she looks so old now! Kudos for her keeping the leads on! Those things itch! Hopefully she can be done with the meds forever.

Sharla said...

I love your positive outlook on things. Bekkah looks so happy, even with all her "necklaces" and "pruse". Your great attitude must be rubbing off on her. We're praying for great results.

Camille said...

Your little girl is such a cutie! As I read about all you are going through with her I kept thinking--well, Katie is definately the best mom for the job. You are always so positive and upbeat no matter what.

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)