YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Listen, Listen


Listen, Listen, when you have to make a choice, He will guide you, always.

Have you heard this from primary? Today I felt the promptings of the spirit and it made me think of this song.

I was on my way to the grocery store and Jackson fell asleep. Rather than wake him, I unbuckled his car seat from the car and placed the whole thing in the cart. Bekkah sat up in front in the child seat. We finished our shopping and headed quickly out to the car. The wind had picked up and it looked as if it were about to pour down rain. The cart was up on the curb in front of the car. I went around and opened Jack's door, then came back to carry my sleeping baby still in his seat, back to the car. As I went to lift him, I stopped and thought, "I'll get Bekkah first." I remember thinking, "that's dumb, I already have Jack's door open" but I went ahead, lifted Bekkah out and headed around to the other side of the car. Just then the wind picked up and a sudden gust threw the cart off the curb into the street where it flipped on it's side. I ran back to a screaming but unharmed baby. The car seat held him tightly in place, away from the pavement. Had I moved Jack first, Bekkah would have been thrown into the street and would have sustained at least some major road rash, if not a concussion and stitches...or worse.

One could argue that I was "just lucky", but there is not a doubt in my mind from this minor little accident, that a loving Heavenly Father watches over us and the Holy Spirit guides. I am grateful for the prompting of the spirit!

5 comments:

jen said...

Whenever I hear these small promptings I wonder if it's just me or a prompting. Sometimes we know why, sometimes we don't. But I always try to err on the side of listening, even if it seems dumb.
Glad she's okay, and can you believe the wind today? It's like IDAHO!

Elder Eric Hadder said...

I love faith-promoting stories - those times when we know beyond all doubt that the Lord's hand is ever present. It is so reassuring. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I'm so thankful that you and Bekkah and Jack are fine.

Unknown said...

I'm so thankful that you and Bekkah and Jack are fine.

Pam said...

oh my...I got goosebumps reading this. So happy all is well...found your sweet blog through Jen's...

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)