YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Sunday, March 28, 2010

Peace, Be Still!

Most of us have heard the song, Master the Tempest is Raging. It's Tres' all time favorite hymn. I loved listening to him sing it to Bekkah when she was a baby. It was written in reference to the Savior calming the stormy sea of Galilee when he asked his disciples "Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?" as written in Mark 4:36-41.

Mary Ann Baker wrote it after the death of her brother. She was now alone, destitute and her faith shaken. “I have always tried to believe on Christ and give the Master a consecrated life,” she said, “but this is more than I can bear. What have I done to deserve this? What have I left undone that God should wreak His vengeance upon me in this way?”

But as the days and weeks passed "the God of life and love began to calm the winds and the waves her heart. Her faith not only returned but it flourished, and like Job of old, she learned new things, things too wonderful to have known before her despair."

Master, the tempest is raging! The billows are tossing high! The sky is o’ershadowed with blackness. No shelter or help is nigh.

Carest thou not that we perish? How canst thou lie asleep When each moment so madly is threatening A grave in the angry deep?

Then this beautiful refrain:

The winds and the waves shall obey my will; Peace, be still! Peace, be still! Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea Or demons or men or whatever it be, No waters can swallow the ship where lies The Master of ocean and earth and skies.
They all shall sweetly obey my will. Peace, be still! Peace, be still! They all shall sweetly obey my will. Peace, peace, be still!


And the final concluding verse:

Master, the terror is over. The elements sweetly rest. Earth’s sun in the calm lake is mirrored, And heaven’s within my breast.
Linger, Oh, blessed Redeemer! Leave me alone no more, And with joy I shall make the blest harbor And rest on the blissful shore.


The storms of life are violent and great. Our faith can waver in these times.

As Jackson's recent health issues cause us new worry and the uncertainty of Bekkah's heart condition looms, the Father may say “Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?”
I can take comfort in knowing that the Master said “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

And if we only have our two babies for a little while, we can be sure that we will one day rest on the blissful shore together as a family forever.

Peace be still.

3 comments:

jen said...

I didn't know Jackson also had health problems.
You are one strong lady, my friend. I don't know how you do it. Know I'm thinking about you today.

Tami said...

Katie, I want you to know how much I loved reading your words today. They truly touched my spirit. You are such an amazing example to me of patience, and determination. I hope that your little Jack is getting better, and we are praying for your little Bekkah. Heavenly Father loves you, and he loves your children! Hang in there! Love you!

Karen said...

Brenn's oncologist is Terry Wood at Phoenix Childrens. We were so limited on who could treat her we didn't get to choose. Keep me updated.

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)