YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Saturday, June 28, 2008

If it ain't broke...

Things tend to break in our house. Oh, I'm not talking about McDonalds toys (we don't get those anyway because we'd have to take out a loan to afford it with our big group!) I'm talking appliances, furniture, cars that sort of thing. I'm very blessed to have a handy husband. He can fix anything. And I've learned a lot from him over the years. Recently our dishwasher broke...again. It just wasn't getting things clean. So Dan took it all apart and found this piece that looked kind of odd. It had this white and red plundger thing that resembled the pop up timer in a turkey, and it just didn't seem to fit snuggly in the hole. So Dan went to the appliance part store and showed the guys there. They agreed that it was a poor design and they didn't carry anything like that. Well he came home cleaned it all out good, removed some debris and put it all back together. It worked for a while, but then the same thing happened, again he took it all apart. Same thing, and he just couldn't seem to get that part to fit. Well with closer obseration we discoered that it was indeed the pop up turkey timer from last Thanksgiing that had somehow made it's way through the filter into the inside of the dishwasher. It works great now that he removed it!

2 comments:

Kathy P said...

Oh my goodness, this sounds just like my house. That is so funny! I have to send this one to my sister!!!

Brian and Shawntel Ashcroft Family said...

I laughed so hard. It made me miss my dishwasher though. Our house doesn't have one. Crazy! I guess people are just now catching on to the idea over here... I love reading through your blog. Thank you for sharing.

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)