YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Monday, August 10, 2009

The Loooong Drive Home

Question: What possesses a mother and her eight children to drive the 7 hour trip to southern Utah? (Dad had used all his vacation for youth trips) Answer: EFY in Cedar City and a visit with Grammy.
The drive home had it's ups and downs:
Downside - Friday night 5 year old starts vomiting
Upside - Finally settled down about 2am
Downside - Had to wake at 5 to drive to Cedar City (1 1/2 hr drive one way) to pick up 18 year old at EFY by 7am
Upside - Had a great time talking one on one with a young man who had a wonderful time.
Downside - Already getting sleepy
Upside - Kids were nearly ready to go when I got back (thanks Grammy)
Downside - 5 year old still sick
Upside - Thankful she can use a barf bag
Downside - Sometimes she misses
Upside - 2 year old falls asleep within the first hour
Downside - She closes her eyes right before the first rest stop (sorry guys, you'll have to hold it)
Upside - Four month old falls asleep too
Downside - Both babies wake up before second rest stop (and they aren't happy!)
Upside - Everyone agrees on McDonalds
Downside - Costs us a fortune!
Upside - 5 year old eats a little and feels better
Downside - 4 month old throws up in high chair
Upside - Made a new barf bag at McDonalds for the 5 year old - just in case
Downside - She had to use it!
Upside - Smart enough to double bag it - wet french fries are heavy
Downside - Backseat is starting to smell a little funky
Upside - 7 year old spills his chocolate milk - seems to diffuse the odor
Downside - My eyelids are getting heavy
Upside - 11 year old wakes me up with a bloody nose
Downside - He uses the whole box of kleenex - and needs more
Upside - He was traveling in a old shirt
Downside - Blood freaks him out and he throws the tissues out the window
Upside - No police were around - sorry to all the drivers on the I-17
Downside - Missed the turn off to the 202
Upside - Hopped on the 60 just in time
Downside - The two year old is DONE!
Upside - Whole family starts singing Popcorn Popping and other primary songs to distract her
Downside - Construction
Upside - We made the trip in 6 hours and 53 minutes - 7 minutes ahead of schedule!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Man, I hear you! We just made the road trip--to Northern Utah--13 hours 4 times in the last 2 weeks! Luckily only two of the times was with the kids! If I never drive to Utah again it will be too soon!

Sharla said...

Sounds like the stuff memories are made of. I hope some day you'll be able to look back at this and just laugh and laugh.---Some day!!

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)