YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother's Day call from Elder Huston

Sunday was Mother's Day, the day all missionary moms await so they can talk to their little boys. My kitchen had burned the previous Friday and I had no electricity or phone service so I emailed Tres to let him know to call me on my cell phone (his P-day is Saturday), but didn't tell him why so he didn't have to hear about the fire by email. He emailed back saying he'd call at 8am (Dan checked our email at Krispy Kreme). Sunday came and no call. I even took my phone to church, which I never do. I kept checking my home phone messages to see if he'd called there (Qwest kept the service on until it was tranfered the following week). Sure enough about 4 oclock he left a message saying he'd been calling all day and that he couldn't remember my cell number. I took the kids back to our temporary home, then went back to our stinky smokey house and ran 5 extention cords from my neighbors outside electical box to an old phone I found in our closet. Then I waited. I cleaned a little, went through some important papers I needed to take, I even tried calling his mission president who was, of course, out of the office. Finally... finally he called. He asked where we'd been all day. I told him about the fire, and he was shocked, but ok. He told me how great his mission was. He told me about the homeless people he spoke to outside of Temple Square and how he had encourged one young man to return to his family and to church. He told me some of the "legends" of his mission, and what an awesome companion
he had. He told me how amazingly hard it was but that it was the difficulties that made it so great. And he told me he felt our prayers and knew the Lord was blessing him and us. We said our goodbyes so he'd have enough time to talk to dad.
(he was at the family party with all the kids). After I hung up, I sat for a while and pondered on the last three months of our lives. The trials came one after the other first with Bekkah and Jackson's illnesses, then Emily's hospitalization and now the fire. Through it all the Lord has
blessed us. Rebekkah remains stable, Jackson is tolerating the battery of ongoing testing better than any grown up could, we caught Emily's infection before it became life threatening and her surgery went well, and we were all able to escape our little inferno without even a scratch. The adversary will proably continue to work hard as we prepare our next missionary to leave in the coming year, but our faith will not be shaken. Heavenly Father will continue to bless us as long as we are doing are best to keep his commandments and do our part. So bring it on!











1 comment:

Elder Eric Hadder said...

The Huston family is an amazing example of faith and dedication - we are so blessed to have you all as examples in our Ward. I feel the adversary too, as we have waited for Eric's mission call. He must really not want missionaries out there. I am so happy that Tres is having such a good experience. He will remember this all his life.

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)