YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Thursday, October 30, 2008

Yesterday we had our ultrasound for baby number 8. I could hardly sleep the night before. We've had so many problems and so much medication, I had crazy dreams of a baby with three eyes and no legs. The likelihood of heart problems is far greater as well, and thoughts of Bekkah's first months of life kept seeping into my fitful night. The ultasound was a level 2 which means a doctor is present and it's much longer, about two hours. (I'm glad they didn't need me to drink a gallon of water beforehand--not that I would've kept it down anyway) Well I'm thrilled to say that the baby only has two eyes and both legs were accounted for! His/her heart looks good so far, although more tests will be performed throughout the rest of the pregnancy as fetal heart development is ongoing. My placenta ruptured with Bekkah, so they also checked for early warning signs of that and none were detected. I'm feeling a lot better now, though I know the next 4 months will still be a little tense. The fun part of the ultrasound came when the tech asked if we wanted to know the sex. I handed her an envelope with a card in it that had the words "boy" and "girl" with a box next to it she could check. We closed out eyes while she looked (we've had quite a few of these so I'm pretty sure we'd have figured it out). After the ultrasound Dan went to work and I went shopping! Mervyns has gift wrap so I found two identical outfits, one blue and one pink, and took them to customer service with my envelope. I instructed the clerk to open the envelope, wrap up the appropriate outfit along with the envelope and wrap it up in yellow paper. I told her to make sure she hid the other one under the counter so I wouldn't see it when I went up to pay and she just tossed the receipt. She was so excited, on my way out I heard her telling all the other clerks about it. We'll open the present Christmas morning, I can hardly wait! I really have no feeling on what it is. It would be convenient to have another girl, as we have all the clothes, and a she could share a room with the other two. Plus we'd have four of each. But I haven't had a boy in a long time, and I just love the cute little shoes they make. Truly though, it makes no differnce to me, I just want a healthy baby and uneventful pregnancy-well the rest of it anyway! Not too much to ask, right?!

4 comments:

Sharla said...

That's such a cool idea! I love it! I'm so glad things went well on the ultrasound. Hang in there!

Tami said...

I'm so glad that things looked good! You are always in our thoughts and prayers. I know the Lord will bless you for your faith and perseverance! 4 more months YEAH! You're awesome!

Kathy P said...

First, I am SO glad the baby looks healthy. What a blessing.
Second, way cute idea to wrap up the "sex" of the baby. Too funny.
Third, CHRISTMAS???!!! That is so far away. I don't know how you can stand it! :)

Brian and Shawntel Ashcroft Family said...

That is so fun! That will make Christmas even more extra special. Who will get to open the gift on Christmas day?

I'm glad to here this little one is doing well so far. I hope things continue to do well.

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)