YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Friday, January 23, 2009

I LOVE LITTLE MIRACLES!

Tuesday morning Dan needed to take the Excursion to work because I had to get his tags renewed and it was the last day (of course). So he left at 7 as usual. At 7:30 I got a call that he had a blow out on the freeway. There was no spare in the car because we were already using it and just hadn't gotten around to replacing the last flat tire. So I took our little Mazda out to him (he had a big meeting at 8:00). He left--very reluctantly (I guess men don't like leaving their pregnant wives on the side of the freeway) and made me promise not to lift the tire myself and that he'd take care of it after his meetings. I sat and waited for a bit for my dad to come get me. A police officer stopped and asked what he could do. I told him my dad was on his way, and that I had to go get the spare fixed and then I'd be back to get my car. He said that once the car was tagged with an orange sticker I only had two hours before it was towed. He was kind enough to not tag it, but warned me that another officer could come by at anytime and put one on. Well I got home, had my dad put the spare in the back of my truck. Then went and headed out to get the emissions done on the truck so I could get the registration done. This was our third try! It passed (miracle #1). I ran back home to do the registration online--thank you technology! A few minutes later my phone rang. It was a sweet member from our ward whose husband happened to see our car on the freeway and wondered if there was anything he could do. (I guess it's pretty easy to spot our big green machine with a line of 7 little kid decals on the back window and a 4EVRFAM licence plate) (Miracle #2) I told her everything was fine and that I was just heading out to get the tire fixed so I could go pop it on. She argued with me, saying a pregnant woman shouldn't be putting a tire on her car on the side of the freeway and made me promise to call her husband so he could put the tire on when it was ready. Oh and an officer had tagged it so he pulled the sticker off to give me a little more time. (Miracle #3) I got to the tire store, told them I needed the tire quickly as I didn't want to get my car towed. They said they'd hurry, but it would be at least an hour wait. So we waited. During that time my brother-in-law called me on my cell. He saw my car on the side of the freeway and wanted to know what he could do to help. (Miracle #4) I told him everything was fine and that I was in the process of getting the tire fixed. He said he'd wait until I got there so he could put it on. I told him it's be at least an hour maybe two and assured him that I knew had to change a tire, no big deal. He's a little (ok a lot) stubborn and said he'd meet me at the tire store in a few minutes. Oh and he tore off the orange tag another police officer put on my car (Miracle #5).
I called my good friend's husband back and told him not to worry about it. I had someone to help me. My brother-in-law showed up. We got our little girls all something to eat while we were waiting. (oh yeah, we had a four, a three, and 2 one year old little girls with us, just to add to the drama) The tire was finally ready, an hour and a half later, and we loaded it up and started to head out. My good friend called me on my cell again and said she and her husband were sitting by my car on the side of the freeway. She said she knew me too well and thought I might try to still put the tire on myself. (Miracle # oh I don't what number anymore, but a lot!) Well I told her I was on my way and that I really did have someone with me to change the tire. They hesitantly left, but not before pulling off yet another orange sticker. We got there fifteen minutes later. The tire went on easily (I could have done it myself, you know) I said goodbye to my brother-in-law and thanked him for his help. Then drove away, but not before pulling off --yes you guessed it, another orange sticker! My day of miracles wasn't earth shaking, but it reminded me what wonderful people I have looking out for this stubborn, independent old pregnant woman and her family. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

Kathy P said...

I love tender mercies like that. I am so glad you didn't have to change that tire. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

Tami said...

If there's anyone crazy enough to change a tire on the freeway at 7 months preggo it's YOU! So glad the Lord is watching out for you! Now to just get this baby here safely--we're praying for you!

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)