YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Friday, February 6, 2009


I love my sweet little Ammon, but boy does he make me crazy! His mind goes a million times a minute, and I just can't seem to keep up. I thought it was just me, until I got a call from his teacher. She has the same problem. How do you keep this seven year old busy and content. His psychologist (he has Asperger's Syndrome- a form of Autism) says we need to give him his space and the tools he needs and just let him go. Easy for her to say. He has painted a good part of the rocks in the backyard. Now he wants to build stuff, then paint them. Oh, and he like spray paint the best. He has sewn a pillow and a blanket by hand, but now he wants to use the sewing machine. He used to be content with a hammer, some nails and old pieces of wood. Now he has taken apart all the old bikes in the backyard and is trying to make a go kart! The problem is, his body can't seem to do what his mind wants him to. He doesn't have a lot of coordination, and is definitely not very strong. So when he can't get something, he just falls apart. Sometimes I can help him, but sometimes I just don't know how. Yesterday he asked me how to build a plasma cutter. I don't even know what a plasma cutter is! Today he asked if I knew how to diffuse a bomb! I have come to the realization that I am not smart enough to be his mom. Thank goodness for the Internet. He can navigate the web way better than me and he can usually find some answers there. I'm thankful for filters, though, who know what he could come across! If you see a couple of guys in dark suits and sun glasses at my door step, you'll know he googled "how to build a bomb."

2 comments:

Elder Eric Hadder said...

I'm thinking I like this little guy Ammon! He should come over to our house and play. For real.

Kathy P said...

Seriously? What 6/7 year old even knows what plasma is? Diffuse a bomb... HOLY COW! That cracks me up. But no matter how his mind ticks -- he is just a sweet boy and Trevan has been in such a good mood since they have been hanging out...

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)