YES, WE REALLY DO HAVE EIGHT!

YES, We Really Do Have Eight!

I love babies. When my babies hit their first birthday, I long once again for that tiny helpless little person that smells like baby powder and doesn't squirm away when you're staring at his beautiful little face. Now don't get me wrong. I love the other stages too. I laugh out loud when I hear the jibber jabber of his first words (Jackson). I giggle when I see one dance hysterically when she hears a Justin Bieber song (Bekkah). I beam with pride when she puts gospel principals into action as she prepares for her upcomming baptism (Emily). I am amazed over and over as he accepts and conquers challenges far beyond his years (Ammon). I burst with pride as I watch his determination and drive in all that he sets his mind to (Zane). I melt when I see the empathy, and concern she has for others (Mckenzie). I have to catch my breath when I see him snuggle with his baby brother (Zachary). I am amazed as I read his letters from his mission (Tres). I guess I just love it all. And this is why I have, despite my horrible pregnancies, we have eight beautiful, talented, amazing, wonderful children!







Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do you know your child carseat laws?

The City of Mesa Justice Court gave me the exciting opportunity to attend the C.A.P.P. (Children Are Priceless Passengers) program which is a child safety class on how to buckle your children in the car properly. I was pulled over because an officer saw my 4 year old leaning forward in her seat. (her sister was pulling her hair) Did you know that the law is now 5 years old...period. (Emily turned 5 on Saturday!) No weight guidelines at all. There is a weight and height recommendation, but it's not a law. Here are some things I learned:
Did you know that children under the age of 5 not in a carseat is a primary offense, meaning you can get pulled over for it, even if you are doing nothing else wrong? Seatbelt offenses for older children and adults are secondary offenses and you can't be pulled over just becasue he sees you're not wearing it.
Did you know that you're teenage children 16 and older will be issued their own ticket if they are not wearing thier seatbelt and it will go against thier record.
Did you know that it is not against the law to have a carseat in the front even with an airbag, unless it is rearfacing.
Did you know that your 20 pound child, going 30 miles an hour will be propelled through your front windshield with 600 pounds of force (weight X speed = force) if not buckled in?
Did you know that your child is only big enough for an adult seatbelt if her legs can bend over the seat when her behind is all the way up against the back of the seat? (not a law)
Did you know that the carrying handle on your infant carseat must be locked in the down position in order to work properly in a crash?

This was actually a very informative class, and if I hadn't been in labor I think I would have gotten even more out of it. (Class was on Sunday evening and Jackson was born early Monday morning) If you are interested in taking the C.A.P.P. class let me know and I will get you the information. The class cost $25 but you get a free carseat out of it.

1 comment:

Kathy P said...

That sounds like a lot of good information... I think we tend to forget some of that stuff as time goes by.... I know I do.

If I take the class, do I have to be almost ready to deliver a baby?

About Me

My photo
Our lives are dedicated to the Lord, we live by this creed: Be clean Be grateful Be humble Be prayerful Be smart Be true Be positive Be involved Be still, We BE the Hustons!

CIRCLE OF LOVE

CIRCLE OF LOVE
(and sometimes not so much)